- About Us
1:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. on Monday – Thursday and 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. on Fridays of the SBISD calendar year
8 hours the week before school starts
11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on Early Dismissal Days (6 days)
1½ hours of shopping at Sams Club for snack foods on each weekend or on Mondays
Total hours: 800
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Christa Hash, Administrator of The Branch Enrichment Program
FEDERAL LABOR STANDARDS ACT STATUS: Non-exempt
WHO IS CHAPELWOOD?
Chapelwood United Methodist Church, founded in 1949, is a 6,000+ member church located in the Memorial Villages of Houston, TX. It is a community of communities; with two-campuses housing five worship communities that host eight worship venues all serving with a common mission, values, and disciple-making strategy. (See www.chapelwood.org)
MISSION, VALUES, AND DISCIPLE-MAKING PATHWAY
Our mission (WHAT WE DO) is…
To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world (Mission of the UMC)by embodying Gods grace as we receive it to those who need it (Mission of Chapelwood).
We fulfill this grace-embodying, disciple-making, world-transforming mission by being a community of communities; of grace, upholding the following Ten Core Values (WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO)...
1. Establishing Unity: We Will Tap Into the Synergy of Community of Communities; (John 17:20-23; Ephesians 4:1-3)
2. Encouraging Diversity: We Will Live Into Gods Dream of a Diverse Kingdom (Genesis 1:24-25)
3. Embodying Grace: To embody Gods grace as we receive it those who need it.; (Ephesians 2:8-9; John 1:16)
4. Providing a Discipleship Pathway: A Clear, Consistent, Simple and Measurable Grace-centered Pathway –> Experience – Grow – Share (Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 4:16-30, 24:47; John 20:23)
5. Taking Risks: We Will Be Innovative, Adaptive, Energetic, Nimble, and Entrepreneurial (1 John 4:18)
6. Becoming Faithful Stewards: We Recognize the Gift Weve Been Given Isnt Ours (Luke 12:48, Luke 16:1-2)
7. Developing a Missional Heart: Focused, Relational, Strategic (Luke 4:18-19)
8. Ministering to All Stages of Life: From Cradle to Grave (Mark 10:14; Psalm 71:9)
9. Embracing a Sense of Urgency: We Will Not Be Complacent – Too Much Is At Stake (2 Chronicles 24:5; Psalm 119:60; Matthew 28:7; Luke 10:4)
10. Becoming a Learning Congregation: We Learn…Through Success and Failure (Proverbs 1:5, 9:9; 1 Chronicles 12:32)
Our disciple-making pathway (HOW WE MAKE DISCIPLES) is to help people …
EXPERIENCE grace (in worship)
GROW in grace (in groups and relationships)
SHARE grace (in ministry).
We call this disciple-making pathway E-G-S; for short. JOB SUMMARY The Branch Enrichment Program Assistant will work closely with the Program Administrator in organizing and implementing the daily events of The Branch Enrichment Program while pursuing the Programs mission of enriching the children and their families spiritually, academically and emotionally.
The Assistant will have daily contact with the children, volunteers and families…thus developing relationships with each group. The Assistant will also have specific responsibilities as outlined below, but not limited to:
Professional and Personal Growth
$11.50 per hour.
Particulars of compensation will be worked out with the successful candidate upon satisfactory completion of financial and criminal background checks.