- About Us
Chapelwood United Methodist Church, founded in 1949, is a 7,000+ member church, with the original campus located in the Memorial Villages of Houston, TX. As a “community of communities”, Chapelwood now consists of three-campuses housing seven worship communities that host ten worship venues all serving an aligned common mission, values, and disciple-making strategy. (See www.chapelwood.org)
Our mission (WHAT WE DO) is…
To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world (Mission of the UM Church) byembodying God’s grace as we receive it to those who need it (Mission of Chapelwood) and creating a community where students and their families can increase in their love for God and for others (Vision of Chapelwood Student Ministry).
We fulfill this grace-embodying, disciple-making, world-transforming mission by being a “community of communities” of grace, upholding the following Ten Core Values (WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO)...(Scriptural references to each of these core values may be found at www.chapelwood.org/core-values/)
1. Establishing Unity: We Will Tap Into the Synergy of “Community of Communities”
2. Encouraging Diversity: We Will Live Into God’s Dream of a Diverse Kingdom
3. Embodying Grace: “To embody God’s grace as we receive it those who need it.”
4. Providing a Discipleship Pathway: A Clear, Consistent, Simple and Measurable Grace-centered Pathway –> Experience – Grow – Share
5. Taking Risks: We Will Be Innovative, Adaptive, Energetic, Nimble, and Entrepreneurial
6. Becoming Faithful Stewards: We Recognize the Gift We’ve Been Given Isn’t Ours
7. Developing a Missional Heart: Focused, Relational, Strategic
8. Ministering to All Stages of Life: From Cradle to Grave
9. Embracing a Sense of Urgency: We Will Not Be Complacent – Too Much Is At Stake
10. Becoming a Learning Congregation: We Learn…Through Success and Failure
EXPERIENCE grace (in worship)
GROW in grace (in groups and relationships)
SHARE grace (in ministry).
We call this disciple-making pathway “E-G-S” for short
The role of the Director of Student Discipleship is to organize and coordinate on-going ministries that maximize 6th- 12thgrade students’ growth as disciples of Christ, both in and outside the walls of the church, while building relationships with parents and equipping volunteers for ministry.
The Director will also manage a team helping to execute Student Discipleship at Chapelwood. This will include vision casting, ongoing evaluations, working alongside, and delegating to the team.
This position works in close partnerships with all of the Student Ministry team to encourage students’ faith to grow through existing and future programs, that serve as a vehicle to build relationships with God and others.
This position will continue to live into existing goals while dreaming new long-term goals with all stakeholders. The Director will also work alongside other Directors and leadership teams to carry out the goals and vision of Chapelwood as a whole while remaining aligned with leadership.
The successful candidate will offer the best fit among our 3-C’s of hiring: Competence, Character, and Culture.
Able to move freely in and out of different settings (homes, church, camp, etc.); able to engage in physical activities with children and youth, including games, hiking, etc.; able to speak in a public forum; computer competence and ability to work at a computer screen; able to climb and descend steps; some lifting required.
Executive Pastor of Discipleship
Chapelwood offers a competitive compensation package of salary and excellent benefits (medical, dental, vision, retirement) commensurate with education and work experience. Particulars of compensation will be worked out with the successful candidate upon satisfactory completion of financial and criminal background checks.
Human Resource, Manager