Teacher Assistant: A teacher assistant's responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Assist the teacher in implementing the daily curriculum.
- Assist the teacher in the daily management of the classroom.
- Work cooperatively with the teacher.
- Treat all children with respect and kindness.
- Report to and end work hours following the times stated in the employment agreement.
- Be prepared to assume the teaching role in the teacher's absence.
- Accompany class to and serve as an actively participating assistant in Motor, Music, Science and Spanish classes.
- Interact with parents daily.
- Relay all behavioral concerns or parent complaints to the teacher.
- Attend night functions as requested by the Administration, including Parent Orientation and Open House,
- Attend all conference and in-service days as requested by the Administration, and as stated on the School Calendar.
- Report, immediately, any cases of suspected child abuse or neglect by parents or other staff members to the Principal.
- Follow the principles stated in the Code of Ethical Conduct in dealings withparents, co-workers, and children.
- Follow the Christian principles proclaimed by Chapelwood United Methodist Church.
- Follow the philosophy of Chapelwood School for Young Children as stated in the Parent Handbook.
Qualifications: must meet the minimum standards as set forth by the Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services, Licensing Division; have some college hours, preferably inearly childhood or child development, or have worked in an accredited early childhood facility, or have a Child Development Credential (CDA). As well, this person must be a mature adult who relates well to young children and their families.